Action flows™ are similar to Trigger flows, and enable users to define integrations that are executed in response to internal milestones and event over the lifecycle or a contract. Technically speaking, Actions Flows™ respond to events or obligations that are emitted by a contract.
After a clause has been added to a contract, an action flow can be added by clicking on +Add an action flow:
Name the flow and choose the Trigger Type for this action flow:
Action Flows™ can be triggered either when a contract changes its Lifecycle stage or by other significant contract events.
- Contract Sent for Signature (arrow 1 in the diagram above) - The contract transitions from Drafting to Signing, for example by a user clicking "Request Signatures" from the Contract Editor.
- Signature Received (not shown in the diagram above) - A signature was received from an external eSignature platform. This event only happens while the contract is in the Signing stage and occurs every time that an individual signatory provides all required signatures.
- Contract Executed (arrow 2 in the diagram above) - The contract transitions from Signing to Running, for example by a user clicking "Request Signatures" from the Contract Editor.
- Obligation Emitted (not shown in the diagram above) - A Smart Clause instance has published an obligation. This happens as a result of a Trigger flow™.
- Contract Completed Manually (arrows labelled 3 in the diagram above) - The contract transitions to Completed, for example by a user clicking "Complete" from their Contract Dashboard.
Click the + label between the two grey boxes to add steps to your flow. To add a step, fill out the form and click Save.
Flows™ can have multiple steps. When the integrations are executed, the steps run sequentially and synchronously.
You may export and import flows™ using buttons in the sidebar. Flow data is downloaded in a JSON file which can be imported into a different clause.